DOWNLOAD individual parts
- Foreword and Executive Summary
- Why the Nation Needs an Army
- The Commission's Mission and Method
- Future Challenges
- Fiscal Challenges
- The Army For the Future
- Developing One Army
- Apache Transfers and Related Issues
- Army National Guard Allocation
(Access to the NCFA's Classified Annex will be made available for individuals with appropriate security clearance and need to know. Please contact the G-8 Army Quadrennial Defense Review Office for access.)
In light of the projected security environment, conduct a comprehensive study of the roles and structure of the Army, and policy assumptions related to the size and force mixture of the Army, in order to:
- Make an assessment of the size and force mixture of the active component of the Army and the reserve components of the Army.
- Make recommendations on the modifications, if any, of the structure of the Army related to current and anticipated mission requirements for the Army at acceptable levels of national risk and in a manner consistent with available resources and anticipated future resources.
- Make an assessment of proposed AH-64 transfers from Army National Guard to the Regular Army.